With the New Year, Zach and I have been trying to save more money, but still be able to have fun and have special time with each other! If you read 34 Weekly Date Ideas, You know I think dating even after you're married is super important! Going on dates with Zach is something I look forward to every single week (This week we tried fencing and we loved it!!!) We like to try new things, be silly and just spend time with each other without the baby. Sorry baby.
But, again, as I said, we are trying to save money, so I put together this list of super cool dates that are almost completely free!! And they're not lame! Yay!! We are looking forward to choosing one for Valentine's :) So without further ado...
Romantic at Home
1. Have an Indoor Campout - Make a blanket fort, roast mallows over the stove, decorate with candles, and eat chocolate covered strawberries while you cuddle
2. Have an at home movie theater night- complete with homemade popcorn, special lights, and treats. This idea can be combined with the blanket fort. Try to make it an experience!
3. Turn on some music and dance together. You can even learn some basic steps with youtube videos!
4. Make a fancy candle- lit dinner at home – maybe try homemade pizza or chicken cordon bleu. Dress up for eachother, take pics, and make it fun!
5. Have an at home spa night with a bubble bath, back massages, footrubs, you get the picture
6. Read a book together or listen to an audiobook!
7. Record the story of how you met for your kiddos or future posterity
8. Write a song together
9. Make vision boards together and talk about your biggest dreams and aspirations
10. Go star gazing (I love this idea from the dating divas!)
11. Go light a paper lantern and watch it float away – Make sure there is no fire hazard though!
12. Take your laptop to your car, lay down the seats and have a “drive in movie”
13. Write poems and read them at an open mike night
14. Go on a long walk
15. Go to a city you’ve never been to and just explore
16. Find a place for a campfire and have a private fire for two – talk, kiss, snack, be in love ;)
17. Put together a picnic and bring it to your favorite park or beach to eat
Sports and Games
18. Have an at home Just Dance competition
19. Have a chopped competition with whatever is in your fridge
20. Learn a few magic tricks together
21. Go on a run or do a work out video together
22. Play outdoor games like bocce ball, croquet, or badminton
23. Play the newlywed game and find out how much you know about eachother
24. Play some 2 player board games
25. Find a big hill and go sledding
26. Have an at home karaoke night and pick songs for each other to sing
27. Make a music video
28. Make your own 80’s glamour shot studio and get some funny photos
29. Zumba together with a Youtube video
30. Get some boots and a camera and make up a day in the life of the invisible man
31. Create photo evidence of an adventure that never really happened
32. Build snowmen that look like different people you know
Guys, dating is all about making memories and having fun with each other! So, take the time to be intentional about your dating!! Make your relationship a priority and enjoy!! Le me know how these go for you! Do you have any other suggestions?! Let me know in the comments!